geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <>
Subject I contributed the original version of the Invocation object to JBoss: 2nd part
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:36:01 GMT
Here is the second e-mail sent on Novermber 4th, 1999.

------ Forwarded Message
From: Richard Monson-Haefel <>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:07:08 -0600
To: Marc Fleury <>
Subject: MethodInvocation

Just took a look at MethodInvocaiton. I like what you did with the
invoke method. Its much better that way.  Thanks for putting all the
comments in also.

I figured out how to lighten the class up so less is cycles are needed
to realize a method invocation and less data is needed to serialize it.
The new and improved MethodInvocation is attached for your approval.
Also I attached a MethodContext class. I think its better to put the
Principal and TX in a context object then to include it in the
definition of the MethodInvocation. Please consider removing those
properties from the MethodInvocaiton and using the MethodContext

I'll be jumping into EJBoss with a huge commitment starting last next
week (as much as 20 hours in a week).  Unfortunately, until then I'm
busy with other things and can not contribute much.

Richard Monson-Haefel
EJB Expert for
(  )

Author of Enterprise JavaBeans