geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject I contributed the original version of the Invocation object to JBoss: 2nd part
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:36:01 GMT
Here is the second e-mail sent on Novermber 4th, 1999.

------ Forwarded Message
From: Richard Monson-Haefel <Richard.Monson-Haefel@jGuru.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:07:08 -0600
To: Marc Fleury <marc.fleury@ejboss.org>
Subject: MethodInvocation

Hi,

Just took a look at MethodInvocaiton. I like what you did with the
invoke method. Its much better that way.  Thanks for putting all the
comments in also.

I figured out how to lighten the class up so less is cycles are needed
to realize a method invocation and less data is needed to serialize it.
The new and improved MethodInvocation is attached for your approval.
Also I attached a MethodContext class. I think its better to put the
Principal and TX in a context object then to include it in the
definition of the MethodInvocation. Please consider removing those
properties from the MethodInvocaiton and using the MethodContext
instead.

I'll be jumping into EJBoss with a huge commitment starting last next
week (as much as 20 hours in a week).  Unfortunately, until then I'm
busy with other things and can not contribute much.

Richard

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
EJB Expert for jGuru.com