geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:09:44 GMT
On 11/3/03 12:58 AM, in article 1067842729.1797.164.camel@rook, "Srinath
Perera" <hemapani@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> As I explained in the WIKI I have laid out a framewrok for the tool.
> It explained bit about the interface parser -> code genarator framework
> and how Code generators can be added to Code genaretion framework.

Srinath,

It seems to me ( I could be confused) that Axis already provides the
functionality described by your framework.  It can already take a WSDL
document and generate interfaces, bindings, and implementation classes.

What we want to do (IMO) is generate Axis WSDDs (Web Service Deployment
Descriptors) from the standard J2EE 1.4 Web Service deployment descriptors -
specifically JAX-RPC Mapping, webservices.xml, and J2EE component
descriptors. I think we can do this using TrAX (Java API for XSLT).

Of course I'm assuming that we want to bind ws4j2ee directly to Axis, which
is (again IMO) the best strategy for Geronimo - Axis is Servlet engine
agnostic so this approach will work with just about any Geronimo
configuration.

Richard