geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [JBOSS] Plan of action
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:04:36 GMT

On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 06:36 AM, Siva wrote:

> Folks.
>
> Now since we have the answers for all the 3 exhibits quoted by JBoss
> LLC,what is our next course of action?
>
> Are we going to send a formal legal reply immediately or do a thorough
> check
> of our codebase to ensure that we don't maintain any questionable code
> in
> our infrastructure and then reply?

We should, as a matter of course, be sure that all code in the codebase
is clean.    All committers who contributed code : please review
(mentally or otherwise) your contributions to be sure that there is no
infringement of IP.  If there are offending pieces of code, lets just
fix them.  There's no problem in honest mistakes.  If there are
dishonest mistakes, you are in violation of the CLA that you signed.
Let us know that so we can kick you out. :)

However, for the purposes of the letter from the JBoss Group LLC, we
need to only show that the claims are not valid.  This won't stop the
JBoss Group LLC from doing this again, but we'll have to deal with it
if it happens.  It's a drag, but that's life, I suppose.

Re the reply - if we believe that all 4 issues are now covered, I'll
make a summary response, and put in CVS for all committers to review.
If there is consensus that the response is correct, we'll present that
information to the PMC and board, who will take care of the official,
formal response to the JBoss Group, LLC.

geir

geirm@optonline.net