geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unofficial relase for Geronimo
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:26:01 GMT
> Reading the wiki page (IncubatorReleaseManagement) I am unclear if
> such an archive can be distributed from an ASF site or if we need to
> use an unaffiliated site. If we do use an external site, then can we
> link to it from the project home page (with suitable disclaimers
> attached)?

Stop the insanity, please.  If Geronimo is going to be an ASF project,
it
will release according to ASF rules.  Anything even remotely smelling
like
an external release just to work around our process will result in an
immediate call for termination of the project.

The incubator has a process for generating incubated snapshot releases.
It may not work well yet, and most definitely needs more practice, but
it must be followed (or modified to make it better).

....Roy