geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Universal Geronimo Service Repository
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:39:28 GMT

On Nov 15, 2003, at 10:27 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>> Going forward we've gotta be quite careful of what is said
>> publicly about the certification process due to NDAs and the like.
>> A lot of the details of this will have to stay private on the
>> certification team mail list.
>
> I've not seen the TCK (though I've read
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/tck-standalone.pdf); everything I've
> said so
> far has come from common knowledge regarding the nature of the
> certification.  Other than details of tests, themselves, what needs to
> be
> kept confidential?

I think that will be the limit.  We are going to arrange things so that
the committer community in the large will be able to work on code that
isn't passing tests.  I assume we'd just tell them what part of the
spec is failing and how.  We will have a limited group that can access
the TCK test information due to NDA reasons.

The Axis group has already been through this, and Sam is a big
proponent of openness.  I've talked to him about it, and it appears to
have worked out just fine.

geir

geirm@optonline.net