geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: ObjectWeb and Geronimo communication
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:47:11 GMT
Just for other geronimo folks who couldn't make the BOF at ApacheCon
(shame! it was great, as is the conference as a whole!) I'd just like
to mention that we might wanna look at JORAM as a JMS implementation
for Geronimo.

Right now JORAM is LGPL so the ASF wouldn't be able to distribute it as
a part of Geronimo - or to certify it - though there is a chance the
LGPL could be changed to BSD- Jean-Pierre said he's gonna try change it
if we're interested.

It'd be nice if someone in the geronimo community could take a look at
integrating JORAM into Geronimo (I here the JCA connectors are looking
good) then we could try out Geronimo with a full 1.1 JMS provider. (We
should do the same with openjms when it reaches 1.1 as well).

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/