geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: new console-swing team
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:29:40 GMT
I've worked with swing quite a bit (and actually like it suprisingly), but I
have not worked with SWT.  I don't know any possible downfalls EXCEPT that
the SWT libraries will need to be distributed with the app.  I don't know
how big they are, but I'm sure it's not a big deal.

Could this new module be worked upon at the sourceforge project
(service-cache) alongside the console-web?  This would allow non-ASF
commiters to progress on it, and submit patches and updates to the geronimo
project.  Any opinions on applet vs. webstart? I think it'd be great to have
the web console "lauch" the webstart client through a link....

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kurjanowicz [mailto:mkurjano@cc.gatech.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:21 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org; mariano.kamp@acm.org
Subject: Re: new console-swing team

I think that's a good idea - maybe we could use SWT instead of Swing in
general for a GUI console - I've never actually written an eclipse plugin
before, but if it's already in SWT it can't be that hard to convert it to a
plug-in, can it? Besides, I think that SWT looks better in general - what
are the downsides to using SWT as opposed to Swing? -Matt