geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: Maven at wartime
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:00:36 GMT
The project.properties should be all you need.

I'm afraid you'll run into difficulties if you are trying to generate two
artifacts from the same project (ie: a jar file and a war file).  Maven best
practices dictate that they should be broken up into one project per
artifact.  This is the way I go with all of my internal projects and it
works great.  If you try to "buck the system" and customize it....I usually
find that it's more troublesome than beneficial.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: n. alex rupp [mailto:rupp0035@umn.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:51 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Maven at wartime

Hello.  I'm working with maven to try to generate a WAR for the evolving
geronimo console, and I'm having some difficulty finding my way through the
config files.  Specifically, I need to depart from the standard war task and
set
some properties but I can't for the life of me figure out where those
settings
should take place.

The maven.xml file in the console-web module directory contains the
following:

<project default="default"
    xmlns:j="jelly:core"
    xmlns:u="jelly:util"
    xmlns:ant="jelly:ant">

    <goal name="default">
        <attainGoal name="war"/>
    </goal>
</project>

I'm curious--where do I set properties like "maven.war.src.excludes"?  Right
now
everything in src/java gets compiled into a classes directory, but I need to
generate a .jar for the tag library specific classes.

I've been reading the war docs at the maven site and I'm at a complete loss.
The project directory has a project.properties file, but it seems not to
recognize the property when I place it there...

I'm sorry if this belongs on the maven users list, but I thought I'd fish
here
first because I know you guys ; )  I'm afraid I'm still learning the guts of
maven.

--
N. Alex  Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)