geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: Fw: console-web
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:07:57 GMT
Just trying to help out where I think I can.  I'm new to geronimo, and to
try and understand what the hell is going on, I thought starting small would
be good.  UI does not impact the underlying system, but it DOES provide a
great chance to learn what is going on under the covers.

Removing html from the jsp custom tags is just one of my pet peeves.  It
completely restricts someone that does not the system what is going on from
making improvements.  I hate to see any application ignore the role of the
"designer" (which I am not claiming to be!  I know about as much "layout" as
a blind monkey)

But all I'm really trying to do is find a way to understand what's going on
and help out where I can.  I see this as a great learning experience for me
to be exposed to JMX and hopefully I can branch out from there and help
other places.  If anyone has ideas on an area that could use work, like
testcases, or someplace that would be a good introduction, I could start out
there.  Looking through the testsuite didn't work for my local build, since
all the clover reports were showing 0% coverage (anyone else see this?).
J2EE has a high learning curve and building a J2EE app server requires a lot
of understanding.

I am just looking for a way into this project, and would be glad to look in
another area.

Ryan