geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: ObjectWeb and Geronimo communication
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:15:02 GMT
n 18 Nov 2003, at 23:04, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2003, at 6:47 PM, James Strachan wrote:
>
>> Just for other geronimo folks who couldn't make the BOF at ApacheCon
>> (shame! it was great, as is the conference as a whole!) I'd just like
>> to mention that we might wanna look at JORAM as a JMS implementation
>> for Geronimo.
>>
>> Right now JORAM is LGPL so the ASF wouldn't be able to distribute it
>> as a part of Geronimo - or to certify it - though there is a chance
>> the LGPL could be changed to BSD- Jean-Pierre said he's gonna try
>> change it if we're interested.
>>
>> It'd be nice if someone in the geronimo community could take a look
>> at integrating JORAM into Geronimo (I here the JCA connectors are
>> looking good) then we could try out Geronimo with a full 1.1 JMS
>> provider. (We should do the same with openjms when it reaches 1.1 as
>> well).
>
> I've been looking for something to do, so if no one else has decided
> to tackle this while I was flying home, I volunteer.

Great stuff.

Incidentally I read through some of the other Objectweb projects on the
plane back from Vegas; there's a bunch of other projects that we should
take a look at. Admitedly lots of them are *GPL though if we were to
ask really nicely you never know...

So as well as JOTM and JORAM we might also wanna look at...

* C-JDBC - clustered JDBC, pretty handy
* JORM (object repository mapping; could be handy for a CMP / JDO
implementation)
* johnathan - an ORB if we need one for certification
* kilim - configuration framework (have only read the glossy - have no
idea what this means :)
* fractal composition framework - is there anything we can learn here &
maybe bridge things

Anyways those were the projects that piqued my interest - lets dive in
& see whats there that we can reuse & work with.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/