geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [committers] can you build the website?
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:13:56 GMT

On 23 Nov 2003, at 16:44, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I've built and uploaded the website to
> http://incubator.apache.org/geronimo

Excellent!

> with the help of
>
> *	Noel Bergman
> *	David Blevins
> *	Jeremy Boynes
> *	Matt Kurjanowicz
>

> Thanks guys!  I found some bugs w/ Maven and have reported them.
>
> You'll notice that there is no Geronimo logo on the top right.  I've
> left it blank in purpose until we decide what our logo will be.

We could really do with a logo!

> I have to say, I do not see the merit in putting the generated website
> into CVS.

Me neither but those are the current rules. Its meant to make it easier
to restore the website for all projects if there's a hardware failure.

>  Maybe I am misunderstanding people's intentions.  Anyway, I
> have a job, which runs nightly now, that generates the site.  Would it
> be a good idea to upload the project reports on a nightly basis?

Absolutely! Please do this nightly, then we can start tidying up the
website

FWIW the CVS import statement that should work was posted on the
general@incuabtor recently by Leo Simmons...

maven site
cd target/docs
cvs -z3 -d $my_id@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs \
  import -m 'Maven-generated site' incubator-site/build/site/$proj \
  maven_site Maven_Generated_$proj_Website_$(date +%Y%m%d)

replace '$proj' with the project name, replace $my_id with your
apache login id, replace $(date +%Y%m%d) with the current date
if you want. See

http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Tracking_Third-
Party_Sources__Vendor_Branches_

for more info. Note: the problem with using import in this way is that
its not easily combined with the use of commit (the above url explains
why).

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/