geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using Hypersonic SQL for unit testing
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:34:03 GMT

On 8 Nov 2003, at 04:01, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> I was planning on using Hypersonic as well - the downside is that is
> only
> supports read-uncommitted, but that may not be an issue for unit
> testing.
>
> I am also considering Axion, which I had originally bypassed because
> it's
> features page says it does not support subqueries, but James Strachan
> now
> says are supported in head.

Alot of work has been done on Axion since its last release - expect an
M3 release real soon (there's an M3-dev2.jar build on ibiblio available
for now).

FWIW Axion is shortly moving to Apache at http://db.apache.org/. I can
highly recommend Axion - its got a really clean & tidy codebase, nice
functionality and a great set of unit tests. It will shortly be ASF
licenced too.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/