geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Non-EJB container JTA
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:01:29 GMT
I need to transparently wrap whether I am using JTA, OJB local
transactions, ODMG transactions implemented as a wrapper around OJB
local transactions (the most common case), Hibernate local
transactions, or JDBC local transactions.

As both OJB and Hibernate can wrap JTA, and JTA can wrap JDBC, it seems
the easiest way to provide the greatest functionality is to find a
convenient way to provide a JTA implementation around local
transactions then simply expose JTA to my users =)

-Brian