geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Questions about o.a.g.kernel.deployment.service.ClassSpaceMetadata
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:57:42 GMT
Hi,

Could anyone care to comment on
o.a.g.kernel.deployment.service.ClassSpaceMetadata's (final) attributes
- CREATE_* - in a form of javadoc?

Although the names are selfexplanatory, neither is their use.

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.task.CreateClassSpace's perform()
does the following:

   if (!server.isRegistered(name)) {
     if (metadata.getCreate() == ClassSpaceMetadata.CREATE_NEVER) {
       throw new DeploymentException("No class space is registerd with
name: objectName=" + metadata.getName());
     }
     // other lines follow
   } else {
     if (metadata.getCreate() == ClassSpaceMetadata.CREATE_ALWAYS) {
       throw new DeploymentException("A class space is already
registered with name: objectName=" + metadata.getName());
     }
   }

So, I'm reading it when a class space name is not registered *and* that
class space's attribute is set to CREATE_ALWAYS DeploymentException is
thrown. I wouldn't expect to have it thrown. I'd rather create yet
another class space and register it in the MBeanServer. Also I don't
understand the lines after the check of the name's registration. If the
name is registered, why do we need to check if the metadata needs to be
created or not?

Another note is about getUrls() method. Shouldn't the method return
Collections.unmodifiableList? Why is the list allowed to be modified by
external entities?
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentHelper's
buildClassSpace() confuses me even more wrt the use of the list.
findPackedArchives() and findUnpackedArchives() add a url, but the names
imply the opposite.

I have to be missing something obvious. The tests are the only rescue?
Where can I find them?

Jacek