geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [committers] can you build the website?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:47:23 GMT
dion-2ngoU/wiIoKai2JIS6bsrQ@public.gmane.org wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken-1oDqGaOF3Lkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> wrote on
26/11/2003 02:21:22 AM:
> Again, a backup or tarball sounds far easier for the way-back-in-time
> option.

Well, this means that for every site update the final server would need
to grab the whole tarball and unpack it, while CVS update is more net
friendly and uses up less space (only the diffed files).

IMHO it's a reasonable possibility.

Currently ForrestBot already commits to CVS for a staging server, so
it's not a major issue for me. Maven could do the same just as easily IMHO.

In any case I'm not an admin, I program, and you know how some
programmers can be much more lassie-faire ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -