geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Response to JBoss Allegations
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:58:51 GMT
A couple of comments -

- as you list the exhibits, you simply say that JBG claims that our code
is 'similar' to theirs, then having shown a common Apache ancestry for
most them, you describe the assertion as 'invalid'. This isn't quite
true. In fact the code is 'similar' due to the common ancestry. I think
we should be absolutely clear that JBGs claim was that Geronimo code was
'derived' from JBoss code with accompanying stripping of attribution and
relicensing. Our findings can then be clearly seen to invalidate such
claims.

- perhaps we should mention the recent 'Resolution of inconsistencies in
CVS' thread, to head off further claims that may arise as a result of
our openness regarding this issue.

above excepted - +1

Jules

--