geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [committers] can you build the website?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:20:01 GMT
dion-2ngoU/wiIoKai2JIS6bsrQ@public.gmane.org wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken-1oDqGaOF3Lkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> wrote on
25/11/2003 08:39:42 PM:
>>AFAIK the main issue is about the Javadocs, sourcedocs, etc. IMHO these
>>artifacts can also be removed from the CVS stuff, as having them
>>restored in case of an accident is not really necessary.
>
> What's the point of only restoring part of the web site?

It's just a compromise. Since the biggest part of the website is the
extra docs, I think that using CVS only for the main website would be ok
because in an emergency we cannot easily live without the site but we
can easily live without the javadocs on the server.

If you can come up with a system that takes into account the requests of
the infrastructure without needing the current system, I'm all for it :-)

>>It would be better if these could be generated dynamically though, as
>>checking in 190MB of stuff is not that nice in any case.
>
> Amen!

If you only knew how much flaming I got for trying to push others to not
need CVS for this. In any case, doing an import at every change makes
things much easier.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -