geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo code provenance accounting
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:05:47 GMT
I'd be concerned that any separate list will instantly begin to diverge
from the true picture.

Would it not be better (if we choose to do this at all) to come up with
a scheme for attaching such metadata to the file itself either somehow
in the repository or by a mandatory comment in it's head etc...

I like the mandatory comment - it would be easy to police, all changes
to such data would be versioned, it could be javadoc-ed, etc...

comments?

Jules

--
  * Jules Gosnell