geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: Any ideas on getting RMI/JRMP mx4j adaptor to work?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:49:36 GMT
Matt Kurjanowicz wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the RMI/JRMP adapter to work on
> with Geronimo?

Hi,

It's enabled by default. Take a look at
modules/core/src/deploy/mx4j-service.xml. You should also take a look at
Geronimo console when it boots up and look for JRMP.

Would you tell us what problems you're facing?

I'm having difficulties with UI tools - jmx-browser and mc4j - to
interact with the service as Geronimo uses the latest version of MX4J,
which has recently introduced a package that causes the tools finish
with ClassCastException :-(

Although I don't have the tools running and can't ensure myself it's
really working well, I did 'telnet localhost 1099' to see whether it's
being used and it was. Provided that I haven't installed anything that
listens to that port I'm assuming it's enough to test whether Geronimo's
MX4J Service took off :-)

> -Matt K

Jacek