geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: Getting error while building
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:11:24 GMT
Anup Katariya wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am getting following error, please help
>
> Error retrieving artifact from
> [http://www.apache.org/~dain/maven/commons-collections/jars/commons-collecti
> ons-SNAPSHOT.
> jar]: java.lang.Exception: Can't get
> commons-collections-SNAPSHOT.jar.incomplete to
> d:\Maven\repository\commons-collecti
> ons\jars\commons-collections-SNAPSHOT.jar.incomplete

Hi,

That's because the server - http://www.apache.org/~dain/maven/ - returns
404 when it's asked for the artifacts. They're necessary to build
Geronimo and you do have to have them locally. What worries me is that
it should ask http://www.ibiblio.org/maven for them, afterwards. It did
not?!?!

I'm pretty sure it's because you're using the older Maven version. Mine is:

 > maven -v
  __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT

and although the primary repository doesn't provide all of the required
artifacts Geronimo builds just fine, which means Maven is able to fetch
them from the secondary repo - http://www.ibiblio.org/maven.

You have two choices to work around it (the order in their preference):

   o Upgrade Maven to the latest version - 1.0-rc1.
   o Remove 'http://www.apache.org/~dain/maven/' entry from the
following files:
     - ./modules/common/project.properties
     - ./modules/core/project.properties
     - ./modules/kernel/project.properties
     - ./modules/twiddle/project.properties
     - ./modules/web/project.properties
     - ./modules/xbeans/project.properties
     - ./project.properties
     which may become a bit cumbersome. Don't forget to remove the
comma, too.

> Anup Katariya

Jacek