geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change the way interceptors are stacked
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 05:04:31 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Couldn't we construct the new stack "next to" the old one, and
> then "swap it in" at the beginning of the next invocation?  That way the
> old invocation completes against the complete old stack, getNext() has no
> problems, etc. but new invocations complete against the complete new
> stack.

Kind of, but we need to know when the 'next' invocation is - I think it
is best if all invocations in the same transaction use the same stack.

I think this means we need some form of global config version id which
can be included into a transaction, or maybe we can determine this from
a global transaction id. Anyway, the thought of multiple concurrent
versions of the same container gives me the creeps and for now KISS says
just stop, reconfigure and restart :-)

Whatever we come up with for this though, I don't think it affects the
switch to building the stack from the inside out.

--
Jeremy