geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change the way interceptors are stacked
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:47:11 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Currently the interceptor stack is built from the front backwards
> using the addInterceptor method on the container.

Sounds ok to me.

> I would like to propose we change to build the stack in the opposite
> order, from the back forward. This would allow us to make the next
> interceptor a private final initialized in the

Interceptor will still be an interface correct??  That means that we can
have alternative Interceptor implementations where next is not final.

> Interceptor's constructor. It also makes multi-headed interceptor
> chains easier to understand which will help with OpenEJB integration,
> and simplifies the code in the containers that builds the stacks.
> I think this works for the EJB stack but I am not sure about remoting.
> Can somewhere there comment please?

This should be ok with remoting.  Shoot, remoting does not really care
much about the container as long as the interceptors are chained
together in the right order.

> If there is no opposition for this I plan to refactor sometime this week.

Regards,
Hiram