geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change the way interceptors are stacked
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 02:59:02 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:

> Dain and I were talking about this at ApacheCon. I'm considering adding
> an interceptor stack to Castor JDO for various reasons. One of those
> reasons is the need to change the stack on the fly. But I'm not sure
> if I understand how switching the order of the stack would allow this
> to happen?

This most definitely does *not* support changing the stack on the fly.
In Geronimo, the stack is built when the container is started and
remains constant until it stops. This avoids the need to synchronize on
getNext(), and eliminates the potential for the stack changing part of
the way through an invocation.

I would look at your usecase in Castor _really_ hard and see if you can
take the stack offline to do the switch. We will be doing that in
Geronimo with versioned containers.

--
Jeremy