geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Proposal: Change the way interceptors are stacked
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:47:40 GMT
Currently the interceptor stack is built from the front backwards using
the addInterceptor method on the container.

I would like to propose we change to build the stack in the opposite
order, from the back forward. This would allow us to make the next
interceptor a private final initialized in the Interceptor's
constructor. It also makes multi-headed interceptor chains easier to
understand which will help with OpenEJB integration, and simplifies the
code in the containers that builds the stacks.

I think this works for the EJB stack but I am not sure about remoting.
Can somewhere there comment please?

If there is no opposition for this I plan to refactor sometime this week.

--
Jeremy

  * Jeremy Boynes
  * Partner