geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [committers] can you build the website?
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:42:21 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> I've tried many times to build the website on OS X and Linux over the
> past week & it keeps running out of RAM (even setting MAVEN_OPTS to
> specify a huge heap).
>
> As soon as a committer can build the site & check it into CVS (how about
> we put it in the incubator-geronimo/site directory?) then we can update
> the official Geronimo website.
>
> Has any committer managed to build the whole website? If so please go
> ahead and import it into CVS

After upgrading to maven-1.0-RC1 I managed to build the site. I needed
to set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx700m and even then it was close - a higher value
may be better.

However, many of the links in the root of the site contain invalid
links. For example, the FAQ link is:

       <small>
       </small>

which means navigation is hard.

I have no idea why this would be happening. The machine is WinXP with
JDK1.4.2.

--
Jeremy