geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: New Goal -- Milestone Release
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:40:04 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>
>>Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>>>See:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>

>>Looking at the second document (which appears to be more official than
>>the first) reveals two uses of "(Reference to Charter)".  After some
>>study I can't resolve these references nor figure out what the proper
>>procedure to follow is.  Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
>

> Not something that you need to worry about, although the PMC does.  Those
> are references to the Incubator project's charter.

I disagree with this sentiment at such a fundamental level. Everyone
actively involved with the project needs to understand the processes
that surround it.

Patting David on the head and telling him not to worry is the type of
condescension we have come to expect from the PMC and is the most likely
thing out there to lead to the demise of this project.

> One thing that I, wearing my PMC Member hat, will want to see is that we
> have put the JBoss situation to bed.  Yes, we want to put out a milestone,
> but I think that we need to make sure that the allegations have been
> answered via appropriate channels.  I could be wrong on that, but I'd rather
> error on the side of caution, and hear that I am wrong from those with more
> experience in this particular legal arena.

As a lowly project committer, I too would like to know the matter has
been resolved too. I imagine everyone in the community and a fair number
of people outside feel the same way. That we cannot even consider the
future of the project shows that the FUD is working.

--
Jeremy