geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Jetty and JACC
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:45:21 GMT
Alan,

Just had a quick scan of the spec before I go off to my day job. Is it a
fair summary to say the scope of the issue is this:

1. conversion of web.xml declarations into jacc permissions
    and registration of same with external (in this case Geronimo)
    Policy provider
2. registration by servlet container of various Policy context handlers,
    esp. a HttpServletRequest Policy handler
3. servlet container enforced checking of jacc permissions at various
    points
4. movement of the servlet container's existing security checking on
    URL patterns etc into an external Policy provider implementation

Seems like the jacc spec crosses over with the servlet spec in regards
URL pattern matching and security constraint specifications. This may be
an issue. Also seems like this is a pretty deep, fundamental shift in
the structure of the servlet container to support this stuff.

This will need some thought. I'll forward this to Greg to get his
feedback on it.

Jan