geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: OpenEJB integration
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:32:28 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> What is the plan on integrate OpenEJB with Geronimo? Who's working on
> that part? What areas are not yet covered? Is the code a place to start
> looking for answers or is there nothing yet to see how the integration
> is to happen.
>
> Lately, I thought about integration of OpenEJB as a Geronimo service,
> and the news came in at the right moment. I couldn't imagine it better.
> Therefore, a list of activities being performed in that area is highly
> appreciated. I don't want to step on somebody's toes ;-)

Yeah, sorry for the lack of notice - things just seemed to come together
sitting here in the bar at ApacheCon. The people working on this are
mainly myself, David Blevins, David Jencks, Dain Sundstrom and Richard
Monson-Haefel. In fact, we were working on it until 5AM and are a little
tired right now :-)

The best place to start is probably to check out the Nova branch at OpenEJB:

cvs -d:ext:<username>@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openejb co -d nova -r
nova openejb/nova

It has dependencies on Geronimo (so you need to build G locally first)
and the build is mavenised.

David B is actively working on the testsuite and has 43 of the first
batch of 44 integration tests passing - so only a couple hundred to go :-)

We'll pull the builds together and do some doco after we've had some sleep.

--
Jeremy