geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Universal Geronimo Service Repository
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:30:08 GMT
James,

I think this is an idea worth exploring more. Anything contributing to
the pluggability (but not at the cost of sacrificing certifiability) of
Geronimo is a +1 from me.

Do you think this kind of functionality could (eventually) follow a lazy
instantiation model - that is, a user creates a j2ee deployable module
(ear, war etc) that requires a jms service and specifies some
preferences for it in the module's Geronimo specific descriptor and the
appropriate plugin is sucked down from the repository site when the
module is deployed?

Jan