geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Licensing for type-safe enum
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:40:18 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. asked:
>

>>It's hard to imagine that Josh Bloch would use Velocity to do this.
>

>>I assume that Jeremy wrote the vel template himself, implementing a
>>pattern he saw elsewhere.
>

>>Why would he need to include the sun license?
>

> Good question.  Adding him to the recipient list so that he can answer it.
> :-)  And putting geronimo-dev@ on the list, too, since I forwarded this to
> the PMC to engage people.
>
> 	--- Noel

Yes I wrote the Velocity template, but I believe it could be considered
a work based on the example code found on Josh's site here:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/effective/

There is no license in the example code, so I was assuming the default
license listed at the bottom of the page would apply. This links to the
Sun BSD license here:
http://developer.java.sun.com/berkeley_license.html

which is the text I included as required by the license.

--
Jeremy