geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/deploy mx4j-service.xml
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:13:29 GMT
chirino@apache.org wrote:
> chirino     2003/11/10 17:50:00
>
>   Modified:    modules/core/src/conf boot-service.xml
>   Added:       modules/core/src/deploy mx4j-service.xml
>   Log:
>   Moved the m4j mbeans out of the boot-service.  Disabled for now since they do not work
with run:main

Hi,

It's disabled because of the bug reported recently -
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-111. The bug
report should be changed so that the patch is not to be applied to
modules/core/src/conf/boot-service.xml, but
modules/core/src/deploy/mx4j-service.xml, instead.

I don't know whether or not it's better to turn it off or just leave it
alone. Now, the problem is less visible and may miss the commiters'
attention. I remember the issue with the service and ClassSpace. It
boiled down to include a single line in run:main goal (thanks Gianny for
figuring it out). However, a question about it was not seen for a long
time, hence I doubt if it's going to be different now. People will spend
their time in order to sort it out, but it's so simple as adding 'tools'
as a subpackage.

Could a Geronimo commiter take a look at the issue and commit the patch?

Jacek