geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [web deployment] Default Jetty deployment
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:20:55 GMT
Norm,

It has changed because we were using a container-specific mechanism to
override the default context (which is name of webapp war or dir) by
specifying a context name in the jetty-config.xml file. We want to move
away from these plugin-specific config files. Therefore, the only ways
to configure an alternate context name for a webapp (in a
non-Jetty/Tomcat/etc specific manner) are:

    1. in a Geronimo web.xml descriptor
    2, in an application.xml descriptor

The handling of Geronimo deployment descriptors is very much in the
early days, although we are making progress to being able to deploy an
ear/war etc containing Geronimo deployment descriptors. So hang on to
your shorts 'cause option 1 will be coming along in the near future.

As the console isn't in an ear, then option 2 is a non starter.

In the short term, if you really want the context path to be /console,
then you could just rename the war to console.war.

cheers,
Jan