geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of JMS
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:23:08 GMT

Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Currently Geronimo is operating on the premise we cannot re-use Exolab
> licensed code, which means we are missing out on some of the best
> technology
> available. If we are working under a misconception and would be able to
> freely use, modify and redistribute code from projects like OpenJMS and
> OpenORB, we would like to know.

Jeremy:

The OpenORB team have been in discussions with Intalio and Apache for
over a year.  Late last month Intalio stated that they agreed to
transfer their rights to Apache (although I have not received
confirmation that this action has been taken at this time).  Also - all
members of the OpenORB project have entered in CLAs with Apache.

Just for reference - the OpenORB team is working on a proposal for the
migration of OpenORB into Apache.

Cheers Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell