geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sauthier <Guillaume.Sauth...@Objectweb.org>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:46:58 GMT
Srinath Perera wrote:

> Hi Richard;
>
> > It seems to me ( I could be confused) that Axis already provides the
> > functionality described by your framework.  It can already take a WSDL
> > document and generate interfaces, bindings, and implementation classes.
>
> Axis support the case for the publishing the java class, but not a EJB.
> If you want to publish EJB and provide other service supported by the
> J2EE container the user has to write lot of manual code.

A provider for EJB exists in Axis! So you can publish an EJB Session
easily. But they are some leaks :
EJB 2.1 API SessionContext define a getMessageContext method that Axis
should set before delegating the method call to the EJB
If you want some security, transactions, ... you have to write customs
handlers.