geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: FYI, Specs from BEA + IBM
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:02:46 GMT
FWIW I like the look of IBM's WorkManager beans and timers for
asynchronous processing of stuff. There was some interesting stuff
about it on this blog...

http://www.devwebsphere.com/devwebsphere/

I was just thinking the other day how its a shame this stuff isn't a
J2EE standard. This stuff might also help us do async deployment stuff
etc?

On 25 Nov 2003, at 22:10, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Apaprently BEA and IBM have pulled together some extensions for
> J2EE app servers which they intend to implement and propose as JSRs.
> Probably worth keeping in the back of our mind.
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-7345-5111567.html?tag=nl
>
> 	Particularly:
>
> "The three technical specifications are these: Service Data Objects,
> which
> provides a common way to pull data from multiple data sources, such as
> Extensible Markup Language-based file systems and relational databases;
> Timer for Application Servers, a mechanism for scheduling processing
> jobs;
> and Work Manager for Application Servers, for setting up processing
> tasks
> in parallel."
>
> Aaron

James