geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unofficial relase for Geronimo
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 04:27:27 GMT
> 	This project has done some absolutely amazing things (particularly
> in the past week, preparing the working demo presented at ApacheCon),
> and
> it has an incredible team, and we're certainly open to guidance and
> larger
> participation by existing Apache committers and members, but let's try
> keep it positive.

And I spent the last eight years building Apache into an organization
that can defend itself and its committers against lawsuits.  I will not
allow that to be destroyed by immature projects and impatient
developers.
You must think DEFENSIVELY and act in accordance to the policies that
have been agreed on by the Apache members.  If you don't like that,
then feel free to take the project to SourceForge.

There should be zero tolerance for any suggestion that a project should
work around the constraints of the ASF rather than working within the
ASF
to remove unnecessary constraints.  Don't even think it.

....Roy