geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Karg <markus.k...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Deployment / Partnership / JSR-88
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:15:55 GMT
Aaron,

thanks for the answer. I'll do some tests in the next weeks, maybe I'll bother
you with some questions then... ;-)

There is one question which actually is not essential but I just wanted to
ask. The JSR-88 spec tells that the deployment manager can be obtained by an
URL, for an example "deployer:" is mentioned. It is not told that "deployer:"
is a normative term in that URL. So what benefit do you get from that
"deployer:" prefix? On the other hand: I know two actual JSR-88
implementations now (Geronimo, Ishmael). Both use the "deployer:" prefix. So
who in the expert group had a problem with adding "deployer:" as a normative
term?

Oh, one more question: Do you know of any other JSR-88 "driver vendors"
besides Geronimo and Ishmael? I would like to contact them for more "cross
tests". Rebecca Searls couldn't send me a list... :-)

Thanks
Markus