geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Karg <markus.k...@gmx.net>
Subject Deployment / Partnership / JSR-88
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:47:57 GMT
Hi Geronimo Developers,

this is my first email on this mailing list, so first let me introduce myself.

My name is Markus Karg, I'm from Germany, and I've been working as a Software
Architect for several years now. My main objective is Web and Java Standards.
Most of my time I spend with J2SE and J2EE. In my spare time, as an active
JCP.org and ObjectWeb.org member, I am a contributor of knowledge and code to
the JOnAS and Ishmael projects of ObjectWeb. In addition I am the maintainer
of the German JOnAS documentation. Finally I'm leading several Java related
Open Source projects hosted on SourceForge. For more information kindly visit
objectweb.org and sourceforge.net and do a search for markus-karg.

I am writing this posting, because I am the leader of the project "J2EE
Deployment Toolset" on SourceForge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/earsetup/). This project's aim is to provide
an vendor-independent, open source implementation of JSR-88 (J2EE Deployment
API, http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=88) compliant deployment tools for
J2EE. Our slogan is: "We want to be the I*****lShield of the J2EE platform".
Since August 2003 we released several Alphas of a "Deployment Wizard" which
is able to work together with any JSR-88 compliant driver, and we are just
working on the final release (plus betas of some more JSR-88 compliant
tools).

Since at the moment the number of such drivers is very limited, but we need to
proof the interoperability of our toolset with _ANY_ JSR-88 compliant driver,
we are actively seeking (possible) driver vendors to run interoperability
tests. Also we'd like to exchange knowledge on how to best implemenent
JSR-88.

Our source is GPL'ed, so if you want, you can freely take a look into the way
we implemented DDBeans and so on (any feedback welcome).

Would be great if the "deployment group" of the Germonimo Project would like
to exchange knowledge with us, and if there would be interest in trying out
our toolset on the Geronimo JSR-88 driver.

Also we are interested in publishin a "How To" for running our tools with the
Geronimo driver.

Just contact me on markus-karg@users.sourceforge.net and let's stay in touch!
:-)

Have Fun