geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Unofficial relase for Geronimo
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 04:25:29 GMT
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:27:27PM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >	This project has done some absolutely amazing things (particularly
> >in the past week, preparing the working demo presented at ApacheCon),
> >and
> >it has an incredible team, and we're certainly open to guidance and
> >larger
> >participation by existing Apache committers and members, but let's try
> >keep it positive.
>
> And I spent the last eight years building Apache into an organization
> that can defend itself and its committers against lawsuits.  I will not
> allow that to be destroyed by immature projects and impatient
> developers.

I can say with total confidence, everyone on the Geronimo team is fully committed to doing
things the right way.  I think threads like this justify the existence of an incubator as
there are still many things we don't know.

Please let us know what we can do to get this thread moving in the right direction.

-David

Just as an FYI, I will be offline for the rest of the evening.