geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mariano Kamp <mk...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Help with JSR-77 Was: Current State of JSR-77
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:55:08 GMT

Hi,

>> am wondering what the current state of the
>> JSR-77 implementation is?

>Me too...
And me ... oops, that was a duplicate ;-)

The feedback hasn't been overwhelming so far. Maybe it is easier to talk about
it, when there are screenshots and code to toy with. See below.

ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgNo=4313

>Got VelocityException
Worked for me (tm). Here is the message:
- ---->>
From: gianny DAMOUR <gianny_damour@hotmail.com>
Subject: JSR 77
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:04:42 +0200

Ram D wrote:
>Hi
>    Is anybody working on the JSR 77 implementation,
>And is there a place in the wiki where there is
>information as to who is working on what?
JSR077 is been implemented incrementally. More accurately, by now the
following is built:

- - Managed Objects interfaces;
- - EventProvider: events are emitted upon JSR77 state transition. Event
broadcasting related to managed object created/deletion and attribute change
still need to be built. Have a look to AbstractManagedObject for the
broadcasting of events related to state transitions.
- - StateManageable: Have a look to AbstractManagedObject and
DependencyService;
- - An implementation of the Statistics interfaces is lodged in JIRA.

Gianny
<<---

But what about the client-side?! Any JSR-77 client?
Last Friday I started to implement an eclipse plug-in for JSR-77 and I believe
 will have something small up and running by the end of next weekend. This
will
likely include visualization of the structure and also the properties of
managed
 objects.
If all goes very smoothly it will also handle events and provide state
management. I wouldn't count on it, but at least it should be possible to have
all that in a basic state within the next three weeks.

Best,
Mariano

- --
Get public key from