geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject RE: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:45:37 GMT
> It seems to me ( I could be confused) that Axis already
> provides the functionality described by your framework.  It
> can already take a WSDL document and generate interfaces,
> bindings, and implementation classes.

Yes, my JAX-RPC mapper (mapping processor) is solely based on the framework:

WsdlToJ2ee from WSDL2
J2eeEmitter from Emitter
J2eeXxxWriters from JavaXxxWriters

> What we want to do (IMO) is generate Axis WSDDs (Web Service
> Deployment
> Descriptors) from the standard J2EE 1.4 Web Service
> deployment descriptors - specifically JAX-RPC Mapping,
> webservices.xml, and J2EE component descriptors. I think we
> can do this using TrAX (Java API for XSLT).
JAX-RPC mapper uses JAXB to retrieve information of a JAX-RPC mapping.
J2eeDeployWriter will emit a server-config.wsdd reflecting on the
information.

> Of course I'm assuming that we want to bind ws4j2ee directly
> to Axis, which is (again IMO) the best strategy for Geronimo
> - Axis is Servlet engine agnostic so this approach will work
> with just about any Geronimo configuration.

Currently, JAX-RPC mapper is not coupled with web.xml and webservices.xml
for J2EE 1.4 spec. In other words, since it only deals with JAX-RPC mapping,
it may need some extra information that any J2EE server can provide in an
arbitrary fashion to complete a server-config.wsdd. It could be better to
discuss this issue after prototypes for JSR-109 are available in ews.sf.net.
(I'm planning to check-in from next Wednesday or later.)
> Richard
>

> .

Thanks,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
Senior Researcher, Emerging Technology Evangelist & JCP Activities
Coordinator
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/L
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.