geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:31:07 GMT

> WSDL Genration seems to work with Axis 1.1. Maybe there is still bugs
> opens ... I will check this !
yep I am not check after ..

> > In short to use EJBProvider (IMO)it ask for fluency in the WebSerivce's
> > as well as J2EE. how the Context of WebService  map to Context of J2EE
> > is lot of work all the time.

> I don't understand this "lot of work all the time". Why ? ... Can you
> better explain this please ?
if it just publishing the EJB it would be ok but if you use J2EE servcie
like security ect .. you have to map from the webservice security to
J2EE security. Then user has to learn both and write handlers.

hopefully we can give a tool that make those thing transparent to them.

> > Plus if we use that we are bound by the JAX-RPC mapping file limitation
> > of axis. Actually we can enhanced EJB provider but it will bind the
> > JSR109 impl to the Axis (IMO) too tightly.
>
> That's true. But if we use Axis as WebService Engine, it's mandatory to
> use Provider for WS publication. So we should implement our own
> EJBProvider or extends Axis one to take into account mappings.
>
> What is the other choice ?

write a webservice that wrap the EJB. the provider is axis usual
provider, but the webservice java class inside the Axis will find the
EJB and invoke it plus security ect.

This wrapper web service is genarated. By small changes to the generated
web service (plug in a new module to generate different code) this
should be able to run in other JAX-RPC runtimes as well and invoke EJB.

thank for commnets

Srinath