geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:09:44 GMT
Hi Richard;

> It seems to me ( I could be confused) that Axis already provides the
> functionality described by your framework.  It can already take a WSDL
> document and generate interfaces, bindings, and implementation classes.

Axis support the case for the publishing the java class, but not a EJB.
If you want to publish EJB and provide other service supported by the
J2EE container the user has to write lot of manual code.

The webservice wrapper class (your part:) ) suppose to have that code
and take care of converting other service like security ect from
WebService context to the J2EE contexts.

> What we want to do (IMO) is generate Axis WSDDs (Web Service Deployment
> Descriptors) from the standard J2EE 1.4 Web Service deployment descriptors -
> specifically JAX-RPC Mapping, webservices.xml, and J2EE component
> descriptors. I think we can do this using TrAX (Java API for XSLT).

Axis support for the jaxrpc mapping file is minimum (IMO) and axis
skelton created by WSDL2Java does not do what  WebService wrapper does.

plus we want to help the case create a WSDL form EJB and jaxrpc-mapping
file.

In short addition to what Axis does code genarated from our tool should
map Context of webservice -> J2EE and save time for developers.

key defferance between what axis(WSDL2Java) and ws4j2ee does is on the
WrbServiceWrapper class.

thanks for comments

Thanks

Srinath