geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: new console-swing team
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:12:18 GMT
Al, we actually do share the same model--JMX : )

It's the custom addons to JMX to prettify the output that
might not transfer too well between apps ; )
--
N.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allen Fogleson" <afogleson@blackboard.com>
To: <geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org>; <mariano.kamp@acm.org>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 2:12 PM
Subject: RE: new console-swing team

I have done a fair amount of swing development - although I suspect as
most here I have done much more work on thin clients, and the
model/controller side of things.

I really wouldn't be a big fan of an swt stand-alone app (although I
admit to its better look and feel) As someone else pointed out the
supported OS' are limited for swt.

I would disagree that the model cannot be shared with the apps. A
properly designed model should easily be shareable. Isn't that the idea
behind separation of concerns :)

Al