geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Maven at wartime
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:51:24 GMT
Hello.  I'm working with maven to try to generate a WAR for the evolving
geronimo console, and I'm having some difficulty finding my way through the
config files.  Specifically, I need to depart from the standard war task and set
some properties but I can't for the life of me figure out where those settings
should take place.

The maven.xml file in the console-web module directory contains the following:

<project default="default"
    xmlns:j="jelly:core"
    xmlns:u="jelly:util"
    xmlns:ant="jelly:ant">

    <goal name="default">
        <attainGoal name="war"/>
    </goal>
</project>

I'm curious--where do I set properties like "maven.war.src.excludes"?  Right now
everything in src/java gets compiled into a classes directory, but I need to
generate a .jar for the tag library specific classes.

I've been reading the war docs at the maven site and I'm at a complete loss.
The project directory has a project.properties file, but it seems not to
recognize the property when I place it there...

I'm sorry if this belongs on the maven users list, but I thought I'd fish here
first because I know you guys ; )  I'm afraid I'm still learning the guts of
maven.

--
N. Alex  Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)