geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: new console-swing team
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:58:24 GMT
: )

I'm glad to see you guys so enthusiastic about this--I think there's been a lot
of desire to do this, but it just needed some people to force the issue again.

Ryan and Matt both have commit privileges at service-cache, and they have my
full support.  I'll happily grant admin privs to one or both of them if they
like so they can add new developers as well.  I'll let you two sort that out
between yourselves : )

I also recommend highly that you guys get acquainted with Groovy.  It's very
cool.
--
N.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Sonnek@bpc.com>
To: <geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:29 PM
Subject: RE: new console-swing team

I've worked with swing quite a bit (and actually like it suprisingly), but I
have not worked with SWT.  I don't know any possible downfalls EXCEPT that
the SWT libraries will need to be distributed with the app.  I don't know
how big they are, but I'm sure it's not a big deal.

Could this new module be worked upon at the sourceforge project
(service-cache) alongside the console-web?  This would allow non-ASF
commiters to progress on it, and submit patches and updates to the geronimo
project.  Any opinions on applet vs. webstart? I think it'd be great to have
the web console "lauch" the webstart client through a link....

Ryan