geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject JSR-88 Tool (was Re: Demo at ApacheCon)
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:41:40 GMT
Jan (et al),

I just started reading the JSR-88 spec, and yes--I'll be happy to
implement a JSR-88 tool to plug into the console.  This spec describes
exactly what I was thinking about.

I'm refactoring the console app to be more modular and pluggable.  A lot
of the work for this is presently taking place.  I'm probably going to
abstract out the raw JMX client console stuff into its own module as well.
This shouldn't be difficult--this sort of pluggability is exactly what shocks
is designed for ; )

Thanks for pointing me at this.  I've been thinking about it since August--I
think Richard mentioned functionality like this in the very very early days of
the project, but I never investigated it in full.  Now I grok the JSR-88 stuff.

I'll keep you all posted on this.

--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)