geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: maven run:main
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:47:44 GMT
Hey, Jesse.

Sorry about this.  You might have to do a clean checkout (in a new directory),
build & run again.  See if that works.  If not, at least you're not alone : )  I
try to keep a stable version around, backed up somewhere in case I ever need to
use it for development and the CVS snapshot's hosed for some reason.  You might
try that in the future, but once we get a milestone release ready it won't be as
common an issue, hopefully.

Best,
--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Beaumont" <Jesse.Beaumont@edina.co.uk>
To: <incubator-geronimo-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 2:58 PM
Subject: maven run:main

Hi,

I've having trouble getting maven run:main to work.  Whenever I run it I
get a stack trace:

    [java] 20:55:25,383 WARN  [DeploymentController] Unable to complete
deployment job 1
    [java] org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentException:
[Geronimodeployment:role=DeploymentScanner]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type does not have a registered
property editor or a String constructor: type=[Ljava.net.URL;
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.task.DeployGeronimoMBean.perform(D
eployGeronimoMBean.java:169)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentPlan.execute(DeploymentP
lan.java:107)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController.executePlans(
DeploymentController.java:270)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController.executeJob(De
ploymentController.java:194)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController.access$200(De
ploymentController.java:89)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController$DeploymentWai
ter.run(DeploymentController.java:324)
    [java]      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    [java] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type does not
have a registered property editor or a String constructor:
type=[Ljava.net.URL;
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.service.ParserUtil.getValue(ParserUtil.java:3
54)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.service.ParserUtil.translateArgs(ParserUtil.j
ava:396)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.service.ParserUtil.instantiate(ParserUtil.jav
a:419)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.task.DeployGeronimoMBean.perform(D
eployGeronimoMBean.java:152)
    [java]      ... 6 more

Is this just my copy or is this working for others?  I just got the
latest CVS release to try it again and it still gives me the same stack
trace.  Any ideas?

Jesse

---  Disclaimer  ---

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by a Director of Edina Software,
this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it
may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.
If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this
communication, please contact the sender immediately.