geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "n. alex rupp" <rupp0...@umn.edu>
Subject [console-web] I've added method invocation support to the management console
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:39:17 GMT
Hello, everyone.

I just finished adding basic method invocation support to the management
console.  I tested it against the DeploymentScanner this morning as well as
several other MBeans, and it works.  I'll be adding a new page to the wiki
specifically for the console-web module, as it's beginning to outgrow the page
that it's in.  I would also like to freshen up the wiki page at
http://wiki.codehaus.org/geronimo/Architecture/Management/Client

As certain portions of it are beginning to seem out of date or inaccurate.  Has
there been any progress on the CLI management console, and has anyone decided to
build a thick-client management console?  I've seen almost no activity about
those efforts lately, and I'd like to keep up to date on their progress  : )

I'm also going to add a page about how to build a diff (for those of you who,
like me, keep forgetting the commands ; )

In any case, here's the new console.war file.  I'm drawing up a change log,
building a diff and I'll be posting it to Jira this afternoon.  I cut some
corners in order to get the console functioning, and it still isn't architected
the way I like, but I'm going to refactor and smooth out the wrinkles for the
next revision.  Just wanted to get it operational for you guys.

I'll get the patch posted ASAP and then I'll be refactoring and smoothing out
the wrinkles.

Cheers,
--
N. Alex  Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)