geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Bernard Stefani <Jean-Bernard.Stef...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject licenses for ObjectWeb components & Apache/OW collaboration
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:43:28 GMT
Dear Brian and Greg,

We (ObjectWeb) owe you a response on possible changes of licenses for
ObjectWeb components, to further the possibility for collaboration between
Apache and ObjectWeb.

I am happy to report that both the ObjectWeb Board and the ObjectWeb
College of Architects have agreed that, for ObjectWeb components that are
to be developed collaboratively with the Apache Software Foundation, a
change of license from LGPL to BSD is encouraged.

Ultimately, of course, the final responsibility for effecting such a change
lies with the copyright holders of the source code under consideration.

For the two cases at hand, namely the JOTM transaction engine and the ASM
bytecode manipulator, I am happy to report that the respective copyright
holders are ready to make this change, should the ASF require it.

As we discussed in previous messages, I believe such a policy meets the
requirements of the ASF for incorporating ObjectWeb components in its code
base.

Best regards,

Jean-Bernard

Jean-Bernard STEFANI